Walking & Hiking7 Nights 8 Days
Walking & Hiking
Bhutan sits on the roof of the world, isolated as much by choice as by its own geography. Its magical essence can't be expressed. From the rich Buddhist culture to its remote Himalaya setting. Here the people live unimaginably hard but full lives, rooted in age-old tradition yet ready to join the 21st century. Bhutan seems like a place that couldn't still exist. A place you feel lucky to have experienced.
- Ancient LandscapeAn ancient landscape where life's daily rituals remain sacred and unchanged
- Tiger's NestHike to secluded temples and monasteries, including the famed Tiger's Nest
- Valley views and colorful prayer flagsAscend herders' trails to find valley views and colorful prayer flags
- Exchange ideasExchange ideas with Buddhist monks and receive a blessing
- 1 Arrival at ParoAs the plane banks over the mountain slopes, the Paro Valley greet you with luminous paddies rippling in the breeze and tiny houses sprinkled on the bank of the meandering river. The air is crystal clear, light translucent and on horizon, snowcapped mountains frame the idyllic like painting. It does not matter how many times you land in Paro, the bucolic valley unfolds like a dream.After visa formalities and collection of baggage, you will meet our representative from Journey to Discover Bhutan.Afternoon Visit Paro Dzong built in 1646, which houses the administrative center of the Paro district and religious institute for monks. The Paro Dzong may be familiar to people who watched Bertolucci’s film “The Little Buddha” walk down to the coach crossing over the traditional wooden covered bridge called “Nymezampa” which spans over the Paro river. Over Night Leisure at Hotel
- 2 Paro - Punakha
- Dochu-la & Thinleygang Walk
- 4½ Hours Walking & Hiking
- Options: Royal Monastic Route: 4.3 Miles (1,300’ elevation loss)
- Valley View Route: 6.1 Miles (400’ loss)
- 3 Punakha
- 1 Hour drive to Sirigang
- 30 Minutes Chorten Nebu & Sirigang Valley Route
- 6.1 Miles (1,400' elevation gain)
- 4 Punakha - Thimphu
- Drive to Po Chhu 30 Minutes
- Po Chhu Route 4.8 Miles (400' elevation gain)
- Rafting on the Po Chhu River 2 Hours Drive to Thimphu.
- 5 Thimphu
- Drive to Dodina 45 Minutes
- Tango Goemba Route 2 Miles
- (800' elevation gain) Shuttle to Thimpu 30 Minutes
- 6 Thimphu - Paro
- Drive to Kuensel Phordang ( Big Buddha Point) 30 Minutes
- Walking with Buddha Route 1.9 Miles (400' elevation gain)
- Shuttle to Thimphu Ridgeline 30 Minutes
- Thimphu Ridgeline Route 4.1 Miles (600') Drive to Paro 1½ Hours
- 7 Paro
- Shuttle to Taktshang 30 Minutes
- Walking & Hiking Options: Taktshang Teahouse Route: 3.3 Miles (1,700’ elevation gain)
- Taktshang Monastery Route: 6.1 Miles (2,200’)
- 8 DepartureDepart for your onward flight.
JOURNEY TO DISCOVER BHUTAN organizes your journey with an authenticity beyond the reach of any other travel company.
Ready to go?
Speak to an expert
What our clients say
Our ten day trip through Bhutan was a truly amazing experience. Bhutan is a beautiful kingdom and thanks to our excellent guide Tsheten, we could explore it thoroughly.
Tine Raeymaekers & Cis Verbeeck
I visited Bhutan in January/February 2007 for 11 days, and it was an incredible experience. Tsheten took very good care of me and introduced me at easy pace to Bhutan culture, customs, history and people.
It was clear that Bhutan had captured everyone's attention when my fellow taking photos the minute they stepped off the plane - and we hadn't even entered the airport yet! I was met at the airport by Tsheten himself, and from start to finish, he was organized, charming and attentive.